Frequently Asked Questions
How does the booking process work?
How far in advance do you book out?
The majority of our wedding clients book our
Do I get to choose my songs?
Maple Creek learns your special moment songs, these include your: processional, recessional,
Your dinner music and your dance music at your reception
Can I see you perform live?
Definitely! The best way to determine if we’re the right fit is to watch our duo or band live at one of our public showcases/gigs. We’re really happy to chat with you face to face while you’re there about your wedding music vision as well.
Do we meet with you before our wedding?
2 months before your wedding, Cassie will be in contact to organise a date to catch up and go over the final details and song choices. Coffee is on us 🙂
How do my DJ song choices work?
Cassie has had a lot of experience as a wedding DJ in Sydney and has a great idea of what songs work and don’t work and what songs to play for different types of crowds. You can work together with Cassie to include certain songs in the mix and also blacklist songs you definitely don’t want.
We have a choreographed first dance. Can we have a recording to practice to?
If you would like a recording of your first dance to rehearse to, we’re happy to do this for you. Blake is also a skilled audio engineer and can produce a commercial quality track for you – exactly the way it will sound on the day!
Before the Day
- Unlimited email and phone correspondence with Cassie
- One-on-one meeting with Cassie to go over details of the day, create your run sheet and finalise song choices
- Our duo/band learning and rehearsing your special moment songs (processional, recessional, signing of the register, first dance)
- We’ll provide a draft recording of your first dance for you to practice along to
- For our DJ packages – curating your music playlist with input from yourselves and purchasing high-quality tracks (if required)
- Venue visit to your wedding venue/s
- Attendance at your ceremony rehearsal (if required — travel fees may apply)
On The Day
- Travelling to and from your venue
- Arriving at your wedding day hours before the ceremony has begun to set up all of our gear
- Setting up our high-quality audio and lighting gear in various separate locations
- Communicating with your celebrant and checking signals during your ceremony
- Discussing housekeeping with your venue
- Communicating with your photographer to make sure everyone’s on the same page and no moments are missed during your reception
- A quick chat with people speaking on the night about microphone technique
- Checking in with you and your partner to make sure you are ready for each set event of the night
- Coordinating your garter toss and bouquet toss (if required)
- Packing down of all our gear after the night has concluded
- For our band packages: Audio Engineer to handle sound throughout your reception. This allows our band to have the best sound possible for you and your guests and for the band, background music and speeches to blend seamlessly